Vasered Legs - Will I Gain Weight in Other Parts of My Body?

i am getting vaser on my legs in december. my dr. recommended inner outer and medial. as of right now i am fairly thin and carry my weight in my thighs. if i gain weight later in life for any reason would this sabotage other body parts i like (ex. get a fat back, belly, ect.) or the work i had done on my legs? thank you for your advice. -b

VASER does NOT cause you to collect fat in other areas

+2

Hi there-

There is no reason to believe that your body would respond to reduction of fat in your thighs by disproportionately collecting it in other areas.

If you gain weight after your VASER procedure, you will do so from head to toe, proportionately.

Vaser liposuction and weight gain

+2

If you gain weight after any form of liposuction, the body will accumulate fat potentially in areas that may have not carried it as much before the surgery.

Vaser Lipo

+1

This is a good question and unfortunately, we are at the mercy of our gene map, and family patterns.  Some people may gain weight in other areas, and some will not gain, within reason.  If your activity stays the same, you should maintain for years.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon