Vaser or Zerona for Hips and Thighs?

In what ways is Vaser liposuction superior to a Zerona procedure for removing excess fat from hips and thighs?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Zerona is an external device which may or may not have any impact on the fat cells and their viability.  The Vaser actually works, and reduces the fat into small particles so they can safely be evacuated.  Comparing the Vaser and Zerona is apples and oranges.  The Vaser is internal ultrasound, the Zerona is an external laser.  The Vaaser is superior  in every way but pain.  The Zerona is painless until you have to pay the bill.  The Vaser hurts physically, and when you have to pay the bill.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser or Zerona for Hips and Thighs?

+1

WOW! Like apples and oranges, these two techniques are SO different. Zerona is a NON INVASIVE therapy, no anesthesia, done over many sessions. To attain minimal if any results. While Vaser or any type of liposuction is invasive one time operation under anesthesia, with result in 99% of the cases. Costs are close to each other. I have an idea, ask the Zerona doctor for a 50% refund when after 6 sessions you see no improvement so you can have a deposit for liposuction. Try that. 

Liposuction vs. non-invasive machine for fat

+1

I do not have a Zerona, but what I have seen si that it does not do much.  Liposuction using Vaser or other techniques does the job when a skilled surgeon does the procedure.

Vaser vs. Zerona

+1

Lets make this simple. There is absolutely no comparison as VASER is far superior in direct fat reduction and contouring.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction for Hips and Thighs

+1

Vaser liposuction uses ultrasonic sound waves to emulsify the fat.  This also creates a warming effect and decreases the amount of force required to remove the individual fat cells.  The sound waves radiate which allows one to create a smoother contour.  Zerona may not provide a result that is as predictable and reliable compared to the Vaser however I am aware of not such comparison studies.  In general my advice is that liposuction is liposuction.  It really does not matter which mouse trap is used -  Zerona, Smart lipo, ProLipo, etc... The hammer used to build the house doesn't make the house.  The result you want is created by your plastic surgeon. Look for a reputable surgeon not the tool. 

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Vaser or Zerona for Hips and Thighs?

+1

Let's reverse the question. Since Zerona uses the power of a laser pointer and claims it melts fat, the question to ask is how can ANY mode of liposuction not be superior to this form of placebo? If you need liposuction, you will do far better with the VASER in the hands of a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.