Vaser on Abs - Waste of Time if I'm Planning on a Tummy Tuck?

i'm considering getting vaser on my lower abs to rid some loose skin&excess lower belly fat. when i met with my dr. he had recommended a tummy tuck.now i'm very torn, bc i would like to wait until after i have children to get a tummy tuck. is it a complete waste of money & recooperating time to get vaser on my abs now and get a full tummy tuck 3/4 yrs later?

Abdominoplasty vs liposuction

+2

As a mother of three and a board certified plastic surgeon I would recommend that you wait until your family is complete before pursuing surgical options. It will be worth the wait.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Tummy Intervention

+2

Hi there-

If you are certain you are going to have more children, I would recommend you complete your family and then pursue the tummy tuck your surgeon is recommending. Forego the lipo for now.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck vs lipo

+2

If you are planning to have more children soon, I would wait to have  tummy tuck and not do the lipo right now.

Don't count on lipo as an alternative to tummy tuck

+2
Although VASER and laser lipo may tighten skin slightly, no lipo procedure is an alternative to a tummy tuck. It might make sense in your case since you anticipating future pregnancy, just have realistic expectations.

Richard Baxter, MD

Vaser Lipo

+1

Some very good results I have seen are Vaser first, then a TT 9 months later.  The fat has been de-bulked, and the transition is much smoother, and a little more skin can be removed.  Or you could just wait for the TT and do it all then.  If you do not have a lot of fat in the lower abdomen, just do the TT.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon