Vaser on Abs - Waste of Time if I'm Planning on a Tummy Tuck?

i'm considering getting vaser on my lower abs to rid some loose skin&excess lower belly fat. when i met with my dr. he had recommended a tummy i'm very torn, bc i would like to wait until after i have children to get a tummy tuck. is it a complete waste of money & recooperating time to get vaser on my abs now and get a full tummy tuck 3/4 yrs later?

Abdominoplasty vs liposuction

As a mother of three and a board certified plastic surgeon I would recommend that you wait until your family is complete before pursuing surgical options. It will be worth the wait.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Tummy Intervention

Hi there-

If you are certain you are going to have more children, I would recommend you complete your family and then pursue the tummy tuck your surgeon is recommending. Forego the lipo for now.

Tummy tuck vs lipo

If you are planning to have more children soon, I would wait to have  tummy tuck and not do the lipo right now.

Don't count on lipo as an alternative to tummy tuck

Although VASER and laser lipo may tighten skin slightly, no lipo procedure is an alternative to a tummy tuck. It might make sense in your case since you anticipating future pregnancy, just have realistic expectations.

Richard Baxter, MD

Waiting for an abdominoplasty.

Hello, and thank you for this question. I agree with the other surgeons that have recommended waiting .

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

Some very good results I have seen are Vaser first, then a TT 9 months later.  The fat has been de-bulked, and the transition is much smoother, and a little more skin can be removed.  Or you could just wait for the TT and do it all then.  If you do not have a lot of fat in the lower abdomen, just do the TT.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon