Do You Suggest Vaser or Smart Lipo For My Thighs? (photo)

I lost quite a bit of weight over the past few years through diet and exercise, however my thighs have pretty much remained the same size. I have a bulge particularly round my inner knees (esp. the right knee), along with a couple of scars picked up over the years which I'm also hoping can be fixed. I'm just wondering which the best type of lipo would be best and how much it would cost? I live in New York. I'm also thinking about getting my lower back done (if I can afford it). Thanks :)

Do You Suggest Vaser or Smart Lipo For My Thighs?

+2

Between the 2 types of lipo you ask about in my hands I would recommend Smart lipo. Hard to answer  over the internet. 

Any type of lipo can give good results with a qualified surgeon.

+2

It can be very difficult for someone thinking about liposuction to sort through all the hype and brands names like Smart Lipo, VASER, Slim Lipo, tumescent lipo, on and on, but the reality is that any of them will give a good result when done by a qualified surgeon. For these reasons it is most impertant to choose a good surgeon and think less about the brand names.

Richard Baxter, MD

It's not the paint brush that makes the artist...

+1

Hi there-

While I definitely have strong opinions about the relative safety and efficacy of some of the various liposuction options available, the bottom line is that what Dr. Baxter says below should ring strongly of truth to you.

In the hands of a talented and skilled surgeon, you would probably be able to achieve a safe and pleasing outcome with ANY of the available options. 

Furthermore, any surgeon who makes you believe that your outcome will be better in their office because of the machine they use should make you wary.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tumescent liposuction is the gold standard.

+1

Hi.

1)  I personally think that for most women Vaser and Smart Lipo are marketing gimmicks.  Going by your picture, you are a very good candidate for tumescent liposuction of the inner knees.  This is safe an effective.  Should cost you about $3000.

2)  You can also have scar revisions,  but scars on the legs can usually be only partially improved.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lipo for body

+1

I have used most of the technologies that are available and do not feel that one is particularly better than another. Each one has its positives and negatives.   I always tell patients that it is not the wand but the magician that creates the magic.

Smartlipo vs vaser

+1
they both are standard techniques and it just depends on what your surgeon is comfortable with. I use smartlipo but would not argue with someone using ultrasound.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon