Is Vaser Shape (Not Vaser Lipo) Too Good to Be True?

There is a lot of inconsistency in what the procedure can supposedly accomplish. Most places claim that it destroys the actual fat cell whereas others say it only drains out the lipid from a fat cell. I personally think it does the latter as I have serious doubts that ultrasound/massage/suction can kill cells.But I am not a doctor so any feedback would be great.I'd like to get my upper abs done & can't subject myself to another coolsculpting (which btw I am convinced works)

Vaser Shape vs Cool Sculpting

+1

Thank you for your question. Vaser shape and Cool sculpting are two different treatments.  Vaser shape is good for smoothing out lumps and bumps. Cool sculpting is a non-invasive fat reduction.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

VaserShape vs CoolSculpting

+1

My impression of CoolSculpting is that it has some intermittent results.  And, because of that, its outcomes are not always as predictable for patients.  The media buzz on this has been far more hyped than the outcomes than those found by people who have rigorously studied this scientifically.

In my experience, VaserShape consistently tightens the skin and shrinks the areas treated if the patient is well hydrated by drinking 8 glasses of water the day BEFORE the procedure and 8 glasses of water the day OF the procedure.

Typically, a one-hour treatment session with this ultrasonic hand-held device has been shown to engorge the lymphatics in animals and humans and that the lymphatic engorgement is then metabolized. 

Microscopically, the fat cells are not destroyed; it is more appropriate to say that the fat cells have somehow had a gate open in them and their contents have migrated into the lymphatics.  This is what we have seen in the experimental models and, indeed, the fat cells are not destroyed.  Hence, the FDA does not allow us to call it a “permanent” solution to adiposity; rather, it has “long term” effectiveness as long as the patients maintain their weight. 

To your health and beauty,

Dr. Paul Vanek, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Cleveland, OH area

We have seen that patients have good shape improvements between 4 and 10 sessions in each region and the sessions are typically about a week apart.

To answer your question more distinctly, VaserShape works consistently. It is indicated for areas that are beyond the scope of treatment for CoolSculpting, which is only indicated and FDA approved for treatment of the abdomen and flank region. Those of us who utilize Vaser Shape across the country are seeing effects in the calves, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, flanks, arms, back fat rolls, etc. and have consistently seen improvements in these regions. I hope this helps.

Paul Vanek, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Vaser shape

+1

As seen recently on Dr. Oz the Vaser Shape ultrasound treatments can work wonders to reduce the fat under the skin as well as improve cellulite. There is no pain or down time and this product was recently voted number one by a panel of cosmetic surgeons who evaluated non invasive fat reduction technologies.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Does Vaser Shape work?

+1

It is by far the most reliable external fat reduction device on the market today.

Compared to the the other existing devices such as Zeltiq , Zerona, Liposonix it far more efficient and produces results instead of promising results. their has been proven theoretically, clinically and experimentally.

The device is FDA approved.

Vaser Shape does not destroy the fat cells but makes them leak fat which is eliminated by the lymphatic system.

We consistently observe the decrease of the circumference  with approximately an inch when the abdomen is treated.

Adequate  water intake is a key after the procedure.

More than one treatment is required and for some reason the "magic" number appears to be 5-6 treatments.

Hope that the above answers your question. 

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Vasershape

+1

great question and insight into the technology. vasershape is an unfocused ultrasound device (so is bella contour) - these devices are thought to work by helping the fat get removed from the fat cells which is then thought to be preferentially used as fuel by the body. animal studies of the vasershape device seem to show fat in the lymphatic system - meaning that the fat in the area treated did leak out of the fat cells and was absorbed into the lymphatic system. we have gotten some good results with vasershape and bella contour but we are still trying to figure out the consistency of these devices. the devices approved for fat removal such as zeltiq and liposonix are probably more consistent.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon