Are the results permanent with vaser shape?

Long term yes. Permanent, not according to the FDA

+2

I tell my  patients that the short answer to that question is that the FDA does not allow “long term” results to be defined as “permanent.” For example, liposuction with Vaser is well known to permanently destroy the fat cells while sparing the nerves, blood vessels, collagen, and lymphatic tissues. VASER® Shape, however, is what I consider to be the most efficacious, non-operative body contouring shape device. By using transcutaneous dual head ultrasound, we have good electron microscopy that demonstrates that the fat cell, which looks like a grape under the microscope, looks like a raisin after treatment and stays in that shape for a long time after treatment.  Currently, we have data from both Italy and Germany using the same wavelengths of ultrasound, that preserved the patient’s long term results at 2 to 4 years.  In America, the early results are clearly being demonstrated that they last as long as the patient maintains their weight. So, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. Results will vary.  There are no permanent solution but it can be maintained by a healthy lifestyle. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Maintenance of Vaser Shape depends on commitment to healthy lifestyle

+1

Vaser Shape is a non-invasive ultrasound based medical device that involves no downtime, minimal discomfort that works by creating air bubbles within fat cells via patented ultrasonic vibration, i.e. cavitation, which leads to leakage of fatty acids which subsequently get reabsorbed by lymphatic drainage system. While Vaser Shape can achieve reduction of fat pads often immediately right after the therapy, maintenance of the clinical result achieved depends on one's commitment to healthy lifestyle of working out 30 minutes 3x/week and avoiding excess amount of carbohydrate in the diet.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon