Had Vaser Lipo, They Removed 1300 CC and I See No Results, Why?

Please explain why there seem to be no results.  if its liters please also explain. i want to know in pounds or something to make me feel like something was done. You can see my review.

Insufficient result with VASER

+2

I don't see your photos. In some cases, it may be that you need more liposuction to see a result, and you should see results by your first postoperative visit. VASER is a very effective form of liposuction, so it is not a problem with the technology. You should circle back to your surgeon to find out why your results are limited, and why he/she may have limited your surgery. If you are healthy and a good surgical candidate, it may be that you need to explore how you can have more done!

+2

Based upon your posted photos it appears via the photos if ONLY 1300 cc's was removed too little was taken out. But very hard to be sure. Was your surgery under local or general anesthesia? Your surgeon is a well respected PS in Miami but I would need to see the operative report and OR paper work to see amount of cc's actually removed. If you want a second opinion please come in to see me. regards 

Vaser Liposuction

+1

1300cc of what?  What percentage was fat, what percentage was fluid that was infiltrated.  Usually 6-8 months is required of healing to see the results without the inflammation.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

The volume removed during a liposuction varies with the person's size and amount of excess fat.

+1

The amount of fat removed during a liposuction depends on how large the person is and the amount of excess fat he or she has. Removing a little often makes a big difference in a small person. Also some doctors begin liposuction immediately after infusing the numbing (lidocaine) solution. This results in an aspirate containing not only fat but lots of fluid, and so is measured as a larger volume than what was really removed.

For these reasons, the amount of fat removal is hard to compare patient to patient. What really matters is the results. Often it is hard to see results early after liposuction. In many cases it takes six months or longer to really determine the benefits of liposuction.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and no results

+1

Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure, it is a shape changing procedure.  The average volume of fat that I remove in a liposuction is between 3,000-4,000cc.  The key to liposuction is narrowing the waist.  If you can make the waist narrower than the hips you will make a curvy figure.   Go to my website, wperrymd.com, and just look at the before and after photos.  All of these patients had much more than 1300cc of fat removed.  

Wendell Perry, MD

Vaser liposuction

+1

Vaser is a good method of liposuction that uses ultrasonic energy to remove fat.  AS for yoru results, without pre and post-op photos at the minimum it is difficult to say why the results you wanted did not occur.