Vaser Liposuction, is This a Good Idea? (photo)

I am 5'4" 210 lbs, and I am considering going through with vaser liposuction. I really do not want to waste money and go through pain and not be satisfied with the results I get. I know it's not a weight loss substitute for exercising, but I think I can't motivate me more to exercise and eat better. I just got back in the gym a month and a half and so far I lost 12 lbs, but I haven't seen any results and I'm getting a little discouraged. So would vaser liposuction be right for me?

A good candidate for VASER

+2

Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss. You seem to be a good candidate for VASER as you are motivated, & you have the right expectations from the procedure (body contour, not weight loss). I am sure following the procedure you will be motivated further to work out, & maintain the results.

VASER liposuction addresses the exercise resistant pockets of fat which persist following diet and exercise. In your case VASER lipo of the abdomen, back & flanks will greatly help to contour your body.

India Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo and Weight Loss

+1

Thanks for your question.  Not sure from the photos that you are a reasonable candidate for Vaser lipo at the present time.  Skin in the hip posteriorly (lower  back) and out thighs contracts reasonably, whereas you already have a fair amount of excess skin in your lower abdomen.  This may worsen with liposuction.

I usually ask my patients to meet their weight loss goal half way. This gives them a start in the right direction and a provides the ability to assess changes in their skin related to that weight loss.  I personally would not recommend vaser  or any other type of lipo at the present time.  I'm concerned you would be disappointed with the result.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from Vaser liposuction and get great looking results. Make sure you choose your Doctor wisely. It has a lot to do with the hand and experience of the surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS