Will my Skin Sag After Vaser Lipo?

I'm considering having my neck, upper and lower abs done with Vaser liposuction. I have already met with one doctor for a consultation. Will my skin reshape and not be saggy after the procedure?

Skin Appearance after Liposuction?

+1

The quality of the skin overlying the area to be treated with liposuction is critical in determining the success of the operation.

Good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or gain/lose weight we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

It may be in your best interests to seek in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Vaser and Skin

+1

It depends upon the condition of your skin before the procedure. Vaser does cause more skin tightening than traditional liposuction but there are limits. You should have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is skilled in the use of the Vaser.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD