Regaining Weight After VASER Liposuction?

I am an athlete who faces bouncing weight in the midst of my training season. I understand that fat cells are removed through VASER Liposculpture. But has there been feedbacks that weight was regained after the procedure? I believe that no matter what, there's still a certain amount of fat after the procedure. Do these cells multiply? If it's permanent, how long can it last? Thanks.

Regaining weight after VASER Liposuction

+1

Dear Chan,

Liposuction is a sculpting procedure NOT a weight reduction procedure. Proper liposuction removes most of the fat cells but leaves some behind (Total loss of fat cells may simulate the look of starvation before muscle wasting begins).

The cells do not multiply - they grow in volume.

The remaining fat cells act like a caloric reservoir. Whenever you caloric expenditures are more than you take in, fat cells empty, you lose weight. Whenever, you burn all the the calories you eat - fat cells stay the same volume - no weight shift. But when you eat more than you burn, the fat cells fill with those extra calories - now changed into fat and you gain weight.

Obviously, the condition is not permanent UNLESS you keep eating more than you burn.

Hope this cleared things up.