Vaser Liposuction Post Op Garment Too Painful to Wear?

I had vaser liposuction on my abdomen and flanks 6 days ago the garment is really painful to wear. It cuts into my sides and is really unbearable. I finally took it off to sleep and I don't know what to do as it is so unbearable. Any advice is appreciated and what are the ramifications if I don't wear it for 2/3 days or at least until the area on my sides is less painful to touch

Painful Compression Garment after Vaser Lipo

+2

In this case "no pain, no gain" does not apply! It's time to get rid of that tight, painful garment and get something new.

I tell my patients to purchase a comfortable form fitting garment such as those made Spanx, Flexees or Berkshire. You should be able to purchase these on line or at your local department store.

Thanks for your question. Best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Post Vaser Lipo Garment

+1

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you need a better garment and better pain control with medication. Some Aleve/Sodium Naproxen may be acceptable at this time if approved by your doctor. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Guarment must be specific to the individual's size and area of treatment

+1

Frankly if you compression guarment is "unbearable", you are likely wearing the wrong guarment for your size or the area of treatment. The guarment should not be "cutting" in to you as it should cover an area above and an area below the treatment zone. I would recommend returning to your surgeon to discuss this matter.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon