Intense Pain and Numbness After Vaser Liposuction

How long after Vaser Liposuction does this intense pain decreases? Also, how long before the intense swelling decreases and when will the numbness go away?

Intense pain after VASER is not typical

+3

You should discuss this with your doctor. I have been doing VASER lipo for several years and have never had a patient describe the discomfort as intense. Swelling and numbness are common, though to a variable degree. In any case time will be your ally here as pain and swelling are expected to go down over a period of days to weeks.

Intense pain after VASER liposuction is not normal

+2

I would agree with the other post that intense pain after VASER liposuction is not normal. Having done several of these procedures, I find that most of my patients will use the words "discomfort" "throbbing" "ache" "tightness" "soreness." Patients do not say "intense pain." If a patient were to report intense pain, I would ask them to come to the office immediately for an examination.

Swelling is very common after liposuction of any kind, and can take a good 3 months before you see the result of the liposuction. Numbness is also common in the area of the incision and to a lesser extent, in the area of the liposuction. This can take several weeks to improve. Good luck!