Vaser Liposuction with Pacemaker

can i have vaser liposuction if i have a pacemaker?

Vaser Lipo

+1

I know of no contraindication with a pacemaker, but you should check with the manufacturer and receive clearance. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

VASER NOT for patients with PACEMAKERS

+1

Hi there-

Because the VASER uses ultrasound energy, you would not want to do this if you have a pacemaker regulating your heartbeat.

On the other hand, it is important to understand that the benefits of the VASER may not apply to you.

The truth is that I am a huge VASER fan- I think it is the safest and most effective of the alternatives to tumescent liposuction available- but that doesn't mean I think everyone should have it...

The average woman who is a good candidate for liposuction in general would probably get an equally good outcome with ANY machine- as long as the surgeon holding the device is an ethical, skilled, experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

It is only if patients have scar tissue, are men, or the area to be treated is fibrous that the VASER would definitely offer an advantage.

Provided these don't apply to you, I would find a good surgeon and have tumescent liposuction.

Please read more about liposuction options here:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Vaser Liposuction with Pacemaker

+1

Just obtain a cardiac clearance from your cardiologist. I just operated upon a 24 year old with a pacemaker for an exchange of deflated saline implants, open capsulotomy, revision areole, smart lipo with no issues. Best of Luck. 

Liposuction and pacemakers

+1

Vaser liposuction is out of the question as has been said.  You don't state what was the reason for having the pacemaker and you don't list your age or give us a photo.  I would say that unless you were a phenomenal candidate for liposuction with minimal extra fat and great skin elasticity you would not be getting a home run result and it would not be wise or worth taking the risk.  Ask your cardiologist.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Vaser and Pacemaker

+1

Barbie,

Vaser is generally not recommended for people with pacemakers.  Traditional or power-assisted liposuction can also yield great results.  Power assisted liposuction involves an auto-reciprocating cannula and nearly eliminates surgeon fatigue which can sometimes limit results.

Good luck!

Jason R. Hess, MD

Vaser Liposelection: an liposuction option

+1

Vaser is ultrasound-assisted liposuction and is NOT for people with pacemakers.  If you are otherwise healthy and are medically cleared for elective plastic surgery, then you might consider traditional liposuction with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon (not a "cosmetic surgeon", as they often aren't plastic surgeons at all!).

Carmen Kavali, MD