Options for Lumps and Skin Irregularities After Vaser Lipo?

I've had Tumescent Vaser Liposuction in November of 2008. Following extensive post-operative treatments for 16 weeks straight, I still have skin irregularities, fibrosis, lumps, and skin folds. I am in desperate need of help. I will be getting married in August of this year, and don't know if I should just have another surgery (touch-up). I have tried massages, CO2 treatments, laser skin treatments, and still no improvement. I was not fat or had excess skin.

Poor Outcome after liposuction

+3

Hi there-

Unfortunately, your situation highlights the importance of finding a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with a lot of experience doing suction... Based on the outcome and the described postoperative management, it doesn't sound like your surgeon was a plastic surgeon...

I see outcomes like your all too often when patients are led to believe that the machine being used (and not the surgeon holding the tool) is what will give them the outcome they want...

If your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon, they have probably already offered you the revision that it looks like you need to achieve your goal (or at least improvement). If not...

Please find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. The years of training we obtain in liposuction give us expertise and skill that cannot be obtained in short cut fashion by taking weekend courses or visiting the office of other expert surgeons. I think that a board certified plastic surgeon could give you improvement and peace of mind, and I do not think that based on what you have posted that your situation will improve on its own at this point.