How Often is Vaser Liposuction Done with Only Local Anesthesia?

Can these procedures be done in the office or must I go to a surgery center?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

We are Plastic Surgery based, and do these under local, but we are in the minority.  There are risks to too much local as there is risk to general anesthesia.  Both risks are very low if done properly.  Ask your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon where they like doing the procedure, and trust them.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser and local

+1

Vaser or any form of liposuction should be performed either in a hospital facility, or an outpatient facility like an accredited office operating room.  I think under straight local it can be rather uncomfortable for the patient.  If the patient is uncomfortable, then the doctor can not do his best work.

Vaser Liposuction using Local Anesthesia

+1

Theoretically, any procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. However, whether or not it's a good idea is another story.  If the area being treated is small then it can be done relatively comfortable for the patient.  If the area is large or multiple areas are being done, then sedation of some form is highly recommended.  Anesthesia really for the patients comfort. I like for my patients to be very comfortable and typically that involves anesthesia whether it be MAC or iv sedation. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

VASER lipo ubder local anesthesia

+1

Depending on the volume of the treatment area and the goal of the procedure (i.e. Hidef vs. debulking), VASER lipo is frequently performed under local anesthesia especially for small areas. With large volumes or fibrotic fat, especially in patients who are having multiple areas treated, I frequently recommend MAC or iv sedation for comfort and safety

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon