Is Vaser Lipo Ideal for Big Gynecomastastia? (photo)

What advantage does vaser lipo have over other types. What do you recommend?

Vaser liposuction and gynecomastia liposuction

+1

Vaser liposuction or gynecomastia liposuction are two treatments that I would recommend to my patients in my Los Angeles plastic surgery practice. 

Liposuction vs. combination treatment for gynecomastia

+1

It is very difficult to tell if your degree of gynecomastia would respond to only liposuction of any type.  In most cases gynecomastia is treated by a combination of both liposuction as well as open tissue dissection termed a subcutaneous mastectomy.   This is performed through an incision in at the base of the areola.  You also have a degree of excess skin of the breast.  Depending upon your degree of skin elasticity it is possible that you would not need any skin removal.  This would give you the best result.  

Vaser Liposuction and Gynecomastia

+1

Dear VIJAY BARONIA,

First, without an examination, it is impossible to give you a precise answer.  In some males, the breast tissue is more fatty and can be removed through liposuction alone and no excision is required.  For other males, their tissue is very dense glandular tissue and an excision is required.  The only way to tell how much of the breast is made up of these components is to examine them.

Other issue is the ability of your skin to be able to retract after the breast tissue is removed.  Many males have very thick and good skin tissue as so their chest wall skin will shrink back nicely after liposuction alone but others do not.  Your photos are "washed out" so it is hard to determine if you have stretch marks or not which can give an indication about the quality of the skin.  Again, an exam is needed.

Lastly, which type of liposuction really does not matter except to the company manufacturing and selling the device.   They all can get you there, it is the surgeon that really counts.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

In my experience you will require both excision and liposuction to obtain an adequate result. The type of liposuction will not change the requirement for surgical resection of tissue in your situation.

Jay M. Pensler, MD