Does Vaser Liposuction Help Lower the Levels of Triglycerides in the Blood?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Great question.  The triglycerides are affected by diet, and genetics.  Lower your intake of saturated fats and sugar and your levels will improve as much as your genetics will allow.  Eat good carbs, good protein, and calorie intake sustainable with your calorie burn rate.  Homeostasis is the goal.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser and blood chemestries

+1

VAser or for that matter any other form of liposuciton may transiently change your blood chemestries. I think your goal would be to do these procedures for contour improvement and use diet and exercise to reduce your triglyceride level if possible.

Liposuction is not for lowering triglycerides or cholesterol

+1

Your question is interesting, because about 15 years ago I published a study in which i found that liposuction can lower blood lipid levels, but I think it is logical to presume that to maintain it you would need to change diet and exercise patterns from what you did before. Liposuction by any means - VASER, Smart Lipo, Slim Lipo, Waterjet Lipo, tumescent lipo, tickle lipo, you name it - is for contouring on areas where the fat is out of proportion.

Richard Baxter, MD

VASER may transiently raise Triglyceride levels in blood

+1

no liposuction procedure is a weight loss or dietary measure and will not lower the levels of fatty acids or triglycerides in your blood. Shortly after the liposuction, due to adipocyte rupture, the triglyceride levels may increase in the blood. Only diet, exercise and proper medication will lower your systemic triglyceride levels.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction DOES NOT Lower the Levels of Triglycerides in the Blood

+1

All Liposuction procedures surgically remove fat cells and help sculpt areas of concern. Triglycerides are produced continuously by our body subject to our diets and genetic predispositions. This production is NOT affected by liposuction. In cases of liposuction, there is some injury and destruction of fat cells as they are being removed and such injury with release of the fat cell contents may result in a transint elevaton of blood levels of fats including triglycerides which is rapidly cleared by the body.