How is Vaser Liposuction for the Flanks Better Than Other Traditional Forms of Liposuction?

It vaser liposuction a more or less invasive procedure when compared to other liposuction methods?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Vaser is far ahead of the competition in more even removal, better suited for dense fat, fibrous fat, and less blood loss.  The standard by which others are judged.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Just another "tool" for liposuction that can achieve a good result. I personal use LASER LIPOSUCTION + liposuction but the VASER gives good results. 

VASER ultrasonic lipo for hips may help

+1

After more than 15 years of using ultrasonic-assisted liposuction, I have come to accept that results are not much better for most patients. It does make the procedure easier for the surgeon by emulsifying the fat. However, as with laser-assisted lipo, any extra skin shrinkage is minimal and probably not significant. Any time you add something like lasers or ultrasound you increase the risk of complications. By far the most important factor in your decision should be choosing the surgeon (keeping in mind that liposuction is surgery) and not the technology.

Richard Baxter, MD

Vaser Liposuction has no advantage over other liposuction methods

+1

Vaser liposuction is less effective than SmartLipo. SmartLipo use lasers to vaporize fat and shrink loose skin. Vaser liposuction, on the other hand, only adds mechanical power to move the liposuction cannula to and fro more quickly. In my option, there is no advantage for the patient.

Scott C. Young, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Vaser liosuction is not better.

+1

Hi.

Vaser liposuction introduces another source of energy (more invasive), and there is no evidence that it has any advantages.  Tumescent liposuction is the time tested technique with a great record of safety and effectiveness.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Is Vaser liposuction better for flanks

+1

The technique or technology should always be secondary to the surgeon. A skilled surgeon will get you the result you are looking for regardless of the approach. You can get a good result with Vaser, laser or power-assisted. Claims that a particular device gets better results are merely marketing hype! Hope this helps! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon