Is Vaser Liposuction Best for Male Breast Reduction?

How much more often is vaser used compared to traditional lipo for men?

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Male breasts seem to have very dense breast tissue so the Vaser really is the best option here. We sometimes need to cut out the breast bud if it is projecting out and too dense for the Vaser.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great question! In my practice I offer combinations of liposuction techniques and excision of the breast bud. Understand the degree and classification of the gynecomastia is the first stage in determining the plan for surgery. In most cases I offer a tri lipo combination. I start with the VASER (low wattage ultrasonic liposuction) for the dense fibrous breast tissue and fat, followed by Smart Lipo Triplex (32 to 40 watts on wave lengths 1064,1320,1440 up to 20,000 joules per side) for further fat melting and skin contraction. Finally, I clean out with traditional or PAL power assisted lipo using a 3 mm cannula. If there is a small sub areolar breast bud than I do a circum areolar excisional removal. So do I ever use VASER alone? No I use a combination of liposuction technologies. Best of luck. 

Male breast successfully treated with liposuction

+1

In my experiencee in treating males with gynecomastia, I have found laser liposuction with Smart Lipo to be the best treatment method.  Using laser liposuction can vaporize the breast tissue as well as the fat. In addition, it can shrink the skin, something that traditional liposuction cannot do. We have had good success with SmartLipo.

Scott C. Young, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment technique for gynecomastia correction?

+1

My experience with the use of ultrasound assisted liposuction alone  in the treatment of gynecomastia has too often under corrected my patients.  I have been more satisfied with my results when I combine direct resection and liposuction in most people.  Each surgeon will have a bias based on their assessment of your soft tissues and if your breasts are more fatty or more glandular.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Gyenecomastia and vaser liposuction

+1

I often utilize vaser (ultrasound) assisted liposuction for the treatment of gynecomastia (male brest reduction).  The tissue over a man's chest is quite dense and liposuction without the assistance of ultrasound can be difficult. The vaser probe helps break up and liquify this dense tissue and therefore results in a greater amount of fat removal with less trauma and bleeding.  Even with vaser liposuction it may still be necessary to directly excise the densest breast tissue beneath the nipple.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

Gynecomastia comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.  It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males.  The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue  (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).
Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia.  The differentiation of true  gynecomastia  from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually  physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis  and to determine the best course of treatment.
I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.
I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology” that you will undoubtedly hear about.