Gaining Fat After Vaser Lipo

I'm considering having my neck, upper and lower abs done with Vaser liposuction. I have already met with one doctor for a consultation. What happens if I gain fat after the procedure? Will the fat go back to these areas or new ones?

It doesn't matter how you remove the fat in liposuction, remaining fat will grow with weight gain

+1

IF you use a torch, flame, match, etc you create a burn, the end result = burn

If you use a vacuum, laser, ultrasound to remove fat, the end result = less fat.

No matter how you remove the fat, the remaining fat will grow in response to weight gain.

Gaining Weight after VASER Liposuction

+1

Having VASER Liposelection / Liposuction does NOT give you a permanent "Get Out of Jail" card against bad eating habits for the rest of your life. All it will do is remove the majority of fat cells from certain areas and make you look much better hopefully motivating you to take better care of yourself.

If you decide to over-eat and put on weight, ALL the remaining fat cells in your body will do what fat cells usually do - store the excess calories as fat and get bigger. So while the original fat cells may long be gone, the remaining fat cells will be able to get larger and larger every time you over-eat.

Dr. P. Aldea

Still possible to gain weight, but improvement should be permanent

+1

Hi there-

Liposuction works because fat cells removed during the procedure are not regenerated by the body. The fat cells that remain in other areas of the body are still able to store fats, and so weight gain is possible if you don't take care of yourself after surgery, but there is also no reason to think that removing the fat cells from one area necessarily means those in other areas will automatically get larger (a common myth).

So, to directly answer your question, if you gain weight after surgery, you will do so from your head to your toes, and maintain the new proportions established for you at surgery.

I hope that helps you- please email me back if you still have questions.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS