Vaser Liposuction Before Pregnancy?

I want to have Vaser liposuction but I'm worried that things will come back as they were. I am young and would like to have children in the future. What will happen if I go for the procedure and become pregnant after? How would this affect my body?

Vaser liposuction

+1

Future pregnancy is always a consideration.  I have many patients that undergo liposuction at varying stages of life. It is a personal choice by the patient. I am more inclined to tell patients to hold have with surgery related to future pregnancy when they are considering an abdominoplasty.

Vaser Liposuction before pregnancy

+1

Dear RGV,

Regarding "What will happen if I go for the procedure and become pregnant after? How would this affect my body?"

To better answer this question let's engage in a philosophical discussion. If you did NOTHING -- you will continue aging. After all, we age from the moment of birth to the end. So, unless you could somehow stop the aging (and associated drooping process), your appearance will slowly deteriorate with time (I know I am being really "cheerful"). Cosmetic Plastic Surgery will improve your appearance a "few notches" but cannot stop aging, so you will continue aging but ALWAYS look better than you would have looked without the surgery.

Pregnancy (especially if combined with a rapid weight gain) will separate the tummy muscles and stretch the skin but the fat that will be added on will NOT generate new fat cells - the remaining fat cells from the liposuction will increase in size. After pregnancy, you CAN lose this weight but will be still left over with the sequelae of the muscle separation and stretched skin (BOTH of which will be correctable with a tummy tuck -- once you are done having children).

In MY opinion, you are an excellent candidate for liposuction. Why not have and enjoy a great figure BEFORE having a family? You can regain it after wards as well.

I hope this was helpful.

Your body will always change

+1

Regardless of what you have done and when your body will change. The key is to decide how you want to look for whatever period of time. Yes, it is true that your body will change significantly after pregnancy but that will happen regardless of whether you have liposuctioning or not. And it will change in ways that liposuctioning may not improve. Ultimately you need to decide if the degree of improvement you get with any procedure, for the time that you will have that improvement is worth it.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposelection

+1

Vaser liposelection is an excellent option for you. If your shape changes after having babies, you may need other procedures such as a tummy tuck.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon