Is Vaser Liposuction Advisable Before Marriage?

I am female, 26, single and weigh 63 kgs (138 lbs) with 5'2" height size: 34", 27", 40". I have a nice figure but genetically I have fat accumulation on my butt and thighs.

My parents wish I get a figure correction done and have been advised Vaser liposuction by the doctor. He says I can be walking in 15 days and complete recovery will take 2 months. Please suggest if its advisable?

Vaser liposuction before wedding

+2

The choice to have liposuction should be your own. If this is your choice, then liposuction can be done but you have to be prepared to be a bit swollen for several weeks.

Liposuction before marriage

+2

When I was in India last month for a plastic surgery conference, I gained an appreciation for family influences on decisions about marriage, so I know you have to take your parents suggestion seriously.

However, I agree with Dr. Aldea that you should only consider plastic surgery for your own personal reasons. Liposuction is body reshaping, and it probably makes little difference whether it is VASER, laser, or other. However, if it is well done then you should be walking right away and mostly recovered within a few weeks.

Richard Baxter, MD

VASER Liposuction before Wedding

+1

RE - "My parents wish I get a figure correction done " - You should NEVER have cosmetic surgery for anyone but yourself. If your figure does not bother you, I would NOT have it operated on. (How would your parents or you feel if your liposuction was associated with serious complications? Would it still seem like a wonderful idea?)

As regards VASER liposuction, you should be walking the night of surgery (NOT 15 days later) and you will see a great reduction in swelling 304 weeks after the surgery. Complete healing and softness of the tissues will take several months. I would NOT do any cosmetic surgery too close to a wedding, reunion or other important social event.

Dr. P. Aldea