Vaser Liposelection Safe and Effective for Hyperhidrosis?

Is Vaser liposuction a safe and effective treatment for hyperhidrosis? Or should I keep spending my money on axillary Botox injections?

Miradry for axillary hyperhidrosis in Los Angeles

+1

Although VASER is used for axillary hyperhidrosis, I agree with Dr. Karamanoukian that Miradry has select advantages in treatment. 

Vaser Lipo for underarm sweating or Suction Curettage

+1

Suction curettage and Vaser should be used very selectively as miraDry has similar or better outcomes WITHOUT skin incisions, and with less pain.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Vaser Liposelection for hyperhidrosis

+1

Dear 07476671,

3 questions in one.

1. "Is Vaser liposuction a safe treatment for Hyperhidrosis?" - Probably. Providing it is done by an experienced surgeon who will not damage adjacent large vessels.

2. "Is Vaser liposuction an effective treatment for Hyperhidrosis? " Probably not. The use of simple scraping of the arm pit skin (in medicalese - curettage) has a spotty reputation and did not work well. Liposuction followed which worked in an equally spotty and unreliable fashion. Why would the use of ultrasonic assisted VASER liposuction be different - I do not know. I am a heavy user of VASER liposuction elsewhere but cannot see recommending a good technique otherwise in an application which has been unreliable in the past.

3."..should I keep spending my money on axillary Botox injections?" - I would if it were me until a cheaper and more reliable method came along.

I hope this was helpful.