Is VASER Liposelection Effective on the Love Handles?

I have a consultation tomorrow with a MedSpa that offers VASER Lipo. I am interested in getting the fat that rests on the backs of my hips removed. I am 5'3", pretty active, but even when I was in Basic Training for the Army, I was large in this area and that is the hardest area to work out! I was wondering how effective this procedure is for the fat in that area. Also, will getting VASER in this area affect my waistline as well?

Best Results with Vaser Liposuction

+1

Vaser Liposuction works very well in areas where the fat is more fibrous and more difficult to remove such as the back, hips and waist, and male breasts. Therefore, ultrasonic liposuction is a great option for the areas you are looking to improve.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

VASER lipo in a medspa?

+1

Regardless of the technique, liposuction is surgery: An incision is made, instruments are inserted into the body, and tissue is removed, sometimes quite a larger amount. This needs to be done in an accredited surgical facility, not a spa. Having said that, VASER is an excellent technology for the love handle area. The fat there is often more dense so the VASER ultrasound helps to remove it more effectively.

Richard Baxter, MD

VASER liposuction works well on love handles

+1

VASER liposuction works great on the love handle area to remove unwanted fat.  VASER uses ultrasound technology to gently melt or liquefy the fat.  The fat can then we easily suctioned away like a vacuum cleaner without the brutal mechanical force of traditional liposuction.

Since you are going to a med spa, I would make sure you meet with the surgeon performing the procedure.  Make sure the doctor is board-certified in Plastic Surgery and has many years of experience and training in doing this procedure.  Be careful out there, many doctors working in liposuction clinics and med spas have very little training (sometimes a weekend class) and are not board certified to do plastic surgery.

Stanley Castor, MD

Ultrasonic liposuction

+1

I would be more concerned about the person performing the surgery than the technology involved. Make sure the surgeon is qualified and certified and that you have an opportunity to meet the surgeon prior to surgery.

VASER Liposelection Works in a Plastic surgeon's hands works GREAT on love handles

+1

VASER Liposuction (Liposelection) works GREAT on the back, the love handles and other areas where other liposuction methods are not as effective.

That being said, just like most of us could not play a round of golf EVEN if we used Tiger Wood's own clubs nor could play the guitar even if we had Eric "slow hand" Clapton's own guitar, the hands and brain of the person who you choose to do YOUR liposuction matter GREATLY. Choose a real Plastic surgeon (see www.PlasticSurgery.org) to do your liposuction and go to a spa for your nails and a relaxing massage.

Dr. P. Aldea

VASER is a great tool, but it's the Surgeon that makes the most difference...

+1

Hi there-

The VASER is an excellent tool, and is, in fact, very effective in improvement of the areas of fibrous fatty tissue found in some parts of the body (like the love handles)...

BUT......

Remember that in any delicate procedure that requires technical skill, the most important factor in the success of the procedure is NOT going to be the tool used to accomplish the job, but the operator of the tool in question. "It's the carpenter, not his tools", right?

So- be sure you have a surgeon Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (this last bit is important, as it means your surgeon has YEARS of training in liposuction, not days or weeks), and that you feel comfortable with your relationship and understanding of your goals. In this situation, I think you are very likely to be happy with the outcome of your VASER procedure.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS