VASER Liposelection and Brazilian Butt Lift?

Im 5'7, about 128 lbs, and turning 22 this June. I want to take away fat from my mid-section (love handles and front pouch) and a little from inner thighs and saddle bags area. I was looking into VASER Liposelection, but I want my butt to be fuller as well, and heard about brazilian butt lift. What would be best approach for this?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Thanks for the question -

In our San Francisco area practice we perform liposuction and sculpture and brazilian butt lifts. We only use regular liposuction for our brazilians in order to maximize fat survivability during the transfer.

For patients at their ideal bodyweight with good skin tone this can be a very effective way to change your contour for the better. Brazilian butt lifts take advantage of moving tissue from areas you don't want it and putting it where you do.

I will be doing a special on San Francisco's KRON 4 Body Beautiful show this coming Monday March 30th at 11 AM where I'll be devoting a half hour to discuss some of the issues.

Feel free to tune in!

Can I use VASER lipo for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

While recent studies suggest that some of the fat removed by VASER is viable and therefore could be used for grafting in the Brazilian Butt Lift technique, and in fact I myself have used the VASER for BBL surgery with success in the past, I do believe that a higher percentage of removed fat is available for grafting when the fat is not treated with VASER ultrasound energy.

Having said that, I think that a skilled and experienced surgeon could probably achieve a good outcome for you regardless of the machine they use. Choose your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon carefully and you'll be happy with your outcome.

Please also read the following, which will help you understand the BBL from a patient's perspective:

http://www.realself.com/review/Brazilian-butt-lift-The-Butt-Ive-Always-Wanted

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Vaser and Buttock enhancement

+1

Buttock Enhancement is body sculpting to define and emphasize your body shape.

Liposuction of the fat around the abdomen, thighs, and illiac crest and flanks can emphasize your butt. To enhance your butt more the fat can be transfered to the buttocks.

It is looking and evaluating your body and the areas to be enhanced and eddressed to give you the ideal body you desire and the NEW YOU.

Vaser for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

What I tell my patients is that it is not the machine that gives you a good result, it is the artistic skills of your surgeon. I don't think the machine plays much of a role in what kind of results you get. I have tried just about all of the different machines out there, and still prefer the standard old fashion Tumescent Liposuction. Primarily because is carries with it the least amount of risk and because I can get beautiful results with it.

If you are considering getting the Brazilian I still prefer the standard tumescent technique. Using Ultrasonic liposuction machines, such as Vaser to harvest the fat has been shown to produce viable fat cells, but I just can't justify adding all of that extra energy in the form of heat and vibration to the cells that we are doing everything possible to keep alive.

In my opinion, I (we) can get great results using a much less traumatic technique. Why take a chance of damaging more cells?

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Vaser Lipo and Brazilian Butt Lift are very different

+1

Vaser liposelection is another form of liposuction. As such, its contouring effect is mostly due to taking out tissue. It can enhance your buttock by taking tissue away from its surroundings so it "shows" better. This result can be achieved by both traditional or Vaser liposuction.

The Brazilian Butt Lift starts out by removing fat to countour the butt, but the fat removal process has to be done very carefully to preserve the fat cells. The fat cells are then injected into the butt to give it increased projection and a more rounded shape.

If your goal is to change your body proportions to enhance the butt you already have, liposuction (traditional or Vaser) will do just fine.

If your goal is to increase volume and projection of your buttocks, The Brazilian Butt Lift is what you want.

In the past, many women chose the first option, but changing taste is leading many more women nowadays to choose the latter. I love doing the Brazilian Butt Lift, so I'm very happy more women are choosing it.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD