Vaser Lipo Swelling - Final Results?

Hi All, I had my surgery done 6 days ago on my abdominal(upper and lower) and flanks. Day 1 I looked great, day 6 I am back to normal. Its making me very upset. Im wonder WIll I go back to Day 1, and see even better results.. Or will my results be what I see right now. It changed after 6 days, I thought I swell up after day 2.

Vaser Lipo

+1

You will swell for several weeks so be patient, wait for 6 weeks to go by, then start looking critically at your abdomen.  The flanks should go down sooner, then the abdomen.  Very normal, just try your best to be patient.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuctional Swelling

+1

I find that Vaser Liposuction is far less Traumatic that Liposuction without Vaser and ALL of the Lasers that have tried to compete with the Vaser. Swelling diminshes about 80% after 7 days and about 90% by 1 month. Patients will continue to improve more slowly and reach maximum benifit by 6 months. I have also noted that there is minimal bruising in 3 days and that most of the bruising is gone by 7 days. Of course, each patients results may vary.

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

Results following Vasor lipo

+1

With Vaosr liposuction to any area it may take up to 6 months before the full results are seen. I definately recommend to all of my patients to where their compressive garment for atleast 3 weeks following this procedure as well as using ice packs to help for the first 5-7 days. With all my patients along with the compression garments included in their post-surgical kit is a lymphatic massage which is to be done 4 weeks following the procedure. I would recommend you contact your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as to post care instructions. You should be following up with several appointments as well with your plastic surgeon in order to monitor your healing progression. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have at these visits. Best wishes for you!

Patrick J. Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction Swelling

+1

I tell my patients not to look at final results after a vaser liposelection for at least 6 months.   It is important to wear your girdle or binder for five weeks.  This helps minimize the swelling. 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo Swelling - Final Results?

+1

Please call your chosen surgeon to discuss the healing following Vaser liposuction. This should have been answered in your pre operative evaluation + informed consent. Vaser causes longer lasting edema or swelling than other types of liposuction. In my practice I tell my patients expect a few months of swelling. Lymphatic massages help improve.