How Much Time Should I Take Off Work For Vaser Liposuction?

I had my breasts done and I nearly died from the pain. I remeber sleeping for 2 weeks straight because I didnt want to awake and feel the pain. Now I want to have a slim tummy to match my new boobs. I will be off work for 4 days, is that enough? What can I expect? Im also going overseas in Jaunary to Thailand. Should I technically have my results by then? Id appreciate any feed back that could help me put my mind at ease cause im worrying myself crazy right now!!!

Time Off Work For VASER Liposuction

+1
In my practice, patients (in the absence of previous lipo) see their final result in about 4 months.

Length of time off depends on the number of areas that are being done. Typically if you are doing 1 or 2 areas, 4 days is fine.

Most patients are able to return to work after 1 week and resume physical activity after 2 weeks.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Millard

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Four days is enough depending on how much you want removed, and your health. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Vaser Lipo

+1

Thanks for your question.

Because a Vaser operation is typically performed with only a local anaesthetic, the procedure is safer (general anaesthesia can be dangerous), and the recovery time is typically much faster.  Don't worry, discomfort during and after a Vaser procedure is typically quite tolerable.

For the abdoment (such as your case), you should be able to return to your normal daily activites, including work after a couple of days.  Furthermore, 90% of patients find that swelling and bruising completely subside after 7 weeks, and for most it requires only 2 to 3 weeks.  This means that you probably will be fine for your trip to Thailand.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Returning to work following liposuction

+1

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with your breast augmentation procedure.  Pain is a very subjective topic to discuss as every patient seems to have a different tolerance.  Our general rule is that our patients avoid any strenuous activity for two weeks following Liposuction.  This is to prevent any post-operative bleeding or seroma (fluid collection under the skin) formation following your procedure.  We generally suggest nothing that will elevate your heart rate.  This being said, the amount of time you need to take off from work is based upon what kind of work you do.  Our patients are also given narcotics to help keep them comfortable following surgery.  We recommend not returning to work until you are off of your narcotics.  Generally, patients will stay on their narcotics for 3-5 days following surgery.  I would recommend having your surgery performed sooner than later as swelling can take some time to subside if you would like to see significant results by January.  Good Luck!

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Quick recovery with liposuction is expected

+1

Your recovery time after liposuction should be fairly quick, whether it is with VASER, laser (for example Smart Lipo) or tumescent technique. Your experience after breast augmentation sounds a lot more severe than would be expected, but it typically involves cutting the pectoral muscle. Many patients are able to resume normal ectivities within a day or two after lipo, but be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specifically what to expect.

Richard Baxter, MD