Vaser Lipo - Afterwards How Often for Lymphatic Drainage Massage?

i am 11 days post op from vaser lipo on my lower abs and flanks. I have had one professional massage and massage myself every day. How often should i massage, is ever day ok ? and how often for a professional massage ? My top abs looks great already but bottom one not so great, is this because the fluids drains downwards ? Thanks xx

Lymphatic Massage after VASER

+2

Hi Emma, we recommend MLD after a week to 10 days following VASER Lipo.In the first week it's done on alternate days and in the second week following the surgery the patient has 2 more sessions.Usually 5 -6 sessions suffice

Its good that you are massaging the area yourself. You can mimick the physiotherapist in between sessions.The lower abdominal swelling that you are seeing will probably be the dependant edema which settles down after the abdominal lipo below the umbilical region.The swelling should settle down after 2-3 weeks.I wish you a speedy recovery

India Plastic Surgeon

Post-lipo care

+2

In our practice we perform many Vaser and Hidef liposculpting procedures and in every case we have the patient return daily for 10 days for true post-lipo care which is not the same as "lymphatic massage". Seroma management continues intensively for the first 3 weeks with aspirations and soft tissue manipulation in order to achieve the proper recovery of soft tissue inflammation as well as skin contraction. Regular massage is contra-indicated in the first 3 weeks post-op as it may exacerbate inflammation.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Vaser Lipo Massage

+1

Thank you for your question. Lymphatic massage 2 times a week for the first 2-3 weeks, then once a week for 2-3 more weeks is adequate. Also consider Vasershape to assist with softening out the treated area. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser lipo and massage`

+1

Every surgeon recommends different things. You should really ask your doctor what he recommends after the procedure.