Is Vaser Liposuction a Good Choice When Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Will the fat stay on my butt my doctor said 70% will stay , they are going to do vaser first?

+1

Interesting question, at a recent Cosmetic Fat Graft meeting this exact issue was discussed. I'm old enough to remember when VASER hit the market. It was the "answer" to UAL (ultrasonic liposuction) by decreasing the wattage. We were told you still "melt" the fat but less trauma, faster healing, smaller incisions. Well if the VASER melts fat than how could melted fat be good for transplantation? Melted means "killed" in my understanding. That was good for back then, because we were not doing large volume fat transfer. But as time passes Fat Grafting is now the new kid on the block, and now, the VASER, does not really "melt" the fat by it's high intensity sound waves. It just "disrupts" the fat cell from its attachments. Very fortunate for us this technology was always there. HUH? Sounds like VASER wants a share of the Fat Grafting Market to me. So VASER which is it? a melting event or a disruption one! My bets are with the former, melting. I would not recommend fat grafting and VASER in the same sentence or until "good science" proven independent published research is done. Awaiting comments from my expert colleagues. Regards, I might be an old dog but I'm willing to learn new tricks. 

Vaser and Brazillian Butt Lift

+1

The fat harvested with the VASER liposelection is thought to be highly viable and appropriate for fat grafting as in the Brazillian Butt Lift. Also, the lower back and outer thigh contouring with the VASER will greatly improve the over all definition and shape of the Butt.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon