Vaser Lipo on Chin. Does This Sound Like a Typical Procedure?

Am a healthy fit 38y male. Had vaser lipo on chin minor fat issues. Whole procedure lasted about 15 mins. Local anaesthetic 2 incisions then straight in with numbing solution. After 2 mins Vaser cannula, this lasted 5mins and was very aggresive/fast and painful when the cannula hit various areas which werent numb. Have localised bruises to show for it, say 7. Wounds left open for drainage but have had no leakage at all. Garment worn. Was my experience normal, thought vaser was gentle etc. Thanx

Vaser Lipo on Chin?

+1

Thank you for your question. Our neck liposuction procedures take longer, but every area is different, so if you like the result, and have no complications, then all is well. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo Results

+1
Your Vaser experience does sound normal, as each patient experiences varying amounts of pain and discomfort. Vaser Lipo can be performed under general anesthesia or as a wide-awake procedure. It may take place in a hospital, outpatient surgery center or physician's office. Generally, patients are provided with special compression garments to help their skin conform to their body's new contours. A short period of rest (typically 12 hours) is recommended, followed by two to three weeks where strenuous activities should be avoided. Results begin to appear immediately after the Vaser Lipo procedure, and continue to improve with time as the tissues in the treatment area heal. Final results are typically seen in about three to four months. Overall, what you described seems to be in line with the typical Vaser experience that I outlined for you. I hope you are pleased with your results. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

What you experienced overall sounds normal for a VASER procedure under the chin. It is unfortunate that you felt as much discomfort as you did and this is somewhat unusual. Most likely this was due to a lack of anesthetic in the areas where you experienced the pain, as you surmised. The ultimate assessment of the procedure will be your results and you should begin to see the improvement once the swelling subsides within 1-2 weeks. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction on chin

+1

I am assuming you meant the sub mental area (the central area of the neck just below your chin)

It can be done under local anesthesia, in your case, the tumescent solution.

The treatment time appears to be adequate and hope you like the result despite the bruising which most likely will resolve.

The anesthetic effect depend on the components of the tumescent solution and it's difficult for me to explain why the level of discomfort you are describing is so great.

Vaser is gentle on the nerve, vessels and the surrounding tissue and the delivered energy targets the fat cells predominately. Compared to other liposuction modalities, including laser assisted liposuction, it's a safer and more efficient technique.

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon