Vaser Lipo of Arms and Mini Brachioplasty? (photo)

Hi doctors, i lost around 80 pounds and i have really sagging arms so i consult a doctor in my country and he recommended for me vaser liposuction and after 6 months armpit brachioplasty, i am so scared that may be this is not a good choice for me and if this will work or it is better to go for standard brachioplasty with long scar.. can i get your help suggestions please.

Mini Brachioplasties Give Mini Results

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. You are a candidate for either laser lipo or vaser lipo.  This procedure will cause some skin retraction and reduce the need for a scar.  The mini-brachioplasty in my experience is very ineffective and leaves you with a scar in the armpit without much improvement...most of the improvement in the skin comes from the lipo.  If you want the best arm contour combine lipo with a regular armlift with the price of a scar.  If you cannot tolerate scars then consider vaser or laser lipo with a postoperative skin tightening procedure such as SkinTyte, Titan or other radiofrequency devices.  They tend to work better after liposuction proceduresm but not all that well alone. Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift and liposuction

+1

Based on your photos, you have loose tissue extending to a few centimeters above your elbows.After losing 80 pounds, most of this will be stretched skin.

In my experience, after major weight loss, no Vaser, laser or other liposuction can shrink this skin; it is more likely to make the skin looser.

Again in my experience an armpit brachioplasty cannot remove this much excess skin.

If you were my patient I discuss all these options but would most likely recommend liposuction and standard brachioplasty in either two steps, liposuction first, or as a single operation.Why not get a second opinion?

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Vaser Lipo of Arms and Mini Brachioplasty

+1

First of all, I should note that the surgeon who actually examined you has a huge advantage compared to those of us who are going by the photos and the brief history. 

I find myself looking at arms with only a small amount of fat excess, but primarily excess skin, so I don't see much advantage to a two stage procedure here. Whether the best excisional procedure would be a full lift, a limited lift or a transaxillary lift, I would pass on an opinion without an actual in-person exam, but I wouldn't rule any of the three out based on the photos. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Standard Brachioplasty vs. Liposuction With Delayed Axillary Resection With Short Scar Brachioplasty

+1

Kudos to you for reclaiming your life and your health.  I believe liposuction followed by a minimal upper arm brachioplasty with axillary resection is an outstanding idea.  The liposuction will eliminate the fatty component which is causing some of the ptosis (droop) of your upper arms.  This will then allow your plastic surgeon to operate on that portion of the upper arms which is truly redundant skin.  Scars that go down only about 1/3 of the way from the armpit to the elbow tend to be imperceptible, and since you have to live with the final scar for the rest of your life, I think this 2-stage procedure with less scarring makes perfect sense.  

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

In my opinion based upon the posted photos I recommend limited brachioplasty over a VASER lipo and axillary lift. Seek more in person consults 

Best Option for Treatment of “Sagging” Arms after Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.

Assuming you have achieved a long-term stable weight, you may be an excellent candidate for arm lifting surgery. In my practice, I would likely advise a “standard” brachioplasty;  based on your significant weight loss ( and the associated skin elasticity loss)  I do not think that you will do well with the option that has been discussed with you.

The arm lifting operation is an excellent operation that will treat the “sagging arms”;  the downside of course is the long scar ( that can be problematic and require revisionary surgery).  In my opinion one of the keys to this operation is to plan the excision such that the resulting scar  falls along the lower border of the arm ( and therefore is not visible from the front or back views).