Concerns After Vaser Lipo on Abdomen and Flanks

I had Vaser Liposuction around 24 days ago on my abdomen and flanks. I had about 2500cc's taken out. I had pretty extensive work done. I have worn a compression suit at least 22 hours everyday. It's so hot in Florida right now, it's killing me. I am trying to go back into the gym and walk with some light spurts of jogging. My stomach is still sore like it is bruised especially when it jiggles. I still have some fat there. At this point, do I still need to wear my compression suit ALL day? Is it too soon to workout? Will my stomach skin continue to shrink and contract?

Vaser lipo

+2

Recovery from Vaser lipo is really the same as other forms. I usually have patients wear the garment for 3-6 weeks. If it absolutely bothers you at 3 weeks, then you probably don't have to wear it, but I would talk to your doctor.  Swelling will improve with time.

Vaser Lipo concerns

+1

Hi Grod,

Everything you have described is perfectly normal following abdominal liposuction--especially after 2500cc. Every patient reacts differently to liposuction and you should therefore consult with your plastic surgeon with regard to exercise and compression garments. Generally speaking, most surgeons require patients wear the garment for 2-4 weeks postop. Make sure it's not too tight--contrary to what you may think, tighter is not better. A tight garment will only increase swelling, not decrease it. Good luck.

Elan B. Singer, MD

VASER lipo recovery

+1

Hi there-

At 24 days, you are still in the early recovery period, and should expect a lot of change over the next month or two.

Different surgeons have different comfort levels with garments and exercise, and it would not be appropriate for anyone other than your surgeon to make postop care recommendations to you, as only your surgeon understands exactly what you had done-

Visit with your surgeon about these issues.

Congratulations on your new body!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Vaser

+1

You should check with your plastic surgeon re his/her reocmmendations re the amount of time you need to wear the garment.  I have my patients wear garments for 4 - 6 weeks.  Skin will continue to change for months so be patient.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD