Will VASER Leave Loose Skin in Thigh/butt Region? Does It Help With Cellulite? (photo)

Hi doctors :-) I'm contemplating VASER lipo to thighs(inner & outer)and butt and wondering whether I'd be left with loose skin once the fat is removed?I'm 125lb and 5/3",weight train & exercise 3-5 days per week but I have stubborn fat in the lower body which nothing seems to get rid of! Also wondering if it improves the appearance of cellulite? Thanks.

Liposuction and loose skin

+2

There is always a delicate balance between liposuction extraction and loose skin.  The thighs laterally in most patients hold up pretty well. I would caution against excessive liposuction of the medial thighs.

Loose skin after VASER

+2

In my experience, the post-lipo care ihas a great deal of correlation with post-lipo skin texture and contraction.

VASER lipo if done the traditional technique may infact leave you with excess loose skin but given your age, good health and normal skin turgor, the skin will likely have adequate contraction over the following 6 months. In my practice, I employ the hidef technique with wide sebdermal release which allows for a more reliable and rapid skin contraction. It is not the VASER that performs the contouring, it is your surgeon and your results will depent on his or her experience. I also do not recommend liposuction of the buttock as it has a high likelyhood of deformity, assymetry and drooping.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon