Vaser hi def vs Vaser non hi def. Which would remove the most fat?

I am purposefully posting in the liposuction section and not Vaser section to get a more unbiased opinion. Hypothetically speaking, if a patient is cloned with say 18%body fat and the two patients were operated on - one hi-def and one non-hi-def - which patient would have MORE fat removed? I find the concept of HD, bizarre in that when you touch the new "six pack" - it is wobbly - defeating the whole purpose of max fat removal. So non-HD would be the one that takes out the most fat, no?

Laser liposuction has a higher complication rate than conventional negative pressure liposuction

+1
Most of us who have used ultrasound or laser for additional benefit from liposuction have quit. The results are not better and complications from ultrasound or laser can be significant.

Depends on the surgeon

+1
The effectivenss of liposuction is far and away more dependent on the surgeon than anything else.  Make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon and not someone trying to mask their inability with marketing. 

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

It really doesn't matter

+1
Let's face it, how much fat I remove by liposuction is MEANINGLESS!  The only thing that matters is what I leave behind because that's what you see.  I have stopped using ultrasonic and laser (which has the highest complication rate) because I am unimpressed with the difference.  I find good tumescent liposuction is surgeon dependent.  Remember the old "it's not the wand, it's the magician." 

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1
The VASER Hi def liposuction is done for body sculpting both in men and women with a BMI of 30 or less. In Hi def lipo some of the fat that is removed, is re-injected back into the muscle. If you touched a six pack that was wobbly, it was because of the poor technique in fat injection location. VASER Hi def lipo is not maximum fat removal from all areas, it is a differential fat removal, sculpting to create both negative spaces (max removal) and fullness in the selected muscle groups one wants to enhance (rectus abdominis, deltoid, gluteus maximus). Non hi def VASER lipo takes out less fat, because there is no sculpting, but there's no fat re-injection either.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon