Are VASER and Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction the Same Thing?

I have read online that VASER has been FDA approved, however have also read that UAL is non-FDA approved, and therefore not recommended. On a side note, I am 30 yrs old, 5'3", and 115lbs, wanting to have liposuction on my abdomen and possibly flanks. I have a special needs foster child who requires significant attention and am looking for a method with little downtime to be done by a good, kind PS in the Indy area. Any input/references are much appreciated! Thanks for reading!

UAL and Vaser

+1

Vaser is a type of UAL.There are a variety of different types of UAL machine all with various advantages and disadvantages.

VASER

+1

Ultrasuound Assisted Lipolysis (ual) is the generalized classification for devices such as the VASER.  The VASER is an excellent device and in the right hands can deliver excellent results.  However you sound very petite and perhaps have just small areas for toning.  I would recommend instead Laser Assisted Lipolysis, such as SLIM lipo.  This procedure delivers excellent results, can be done under local anesthesia, and most of my patients go back to work the next day! Good luck! 

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

VASER liposuction

+1

VASER is a type of ultrasound assisted liposuction. It is a safe and effective form of liposuction and is especially effective in helping to remove dense tissue like that seen in male breast tissue. While liposuction can be very effective for the right patient, it is still a surgical procedure and has some discomfort and down time. Make sure that you understand the full details of the procedure before you decide to have your surgery. It can be a very satisfying experience as long as you understand the risks and benefits and adhere to the post operative protocol. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction is Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction

+1

Vaser is Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction.   The FDA is vague and confusing in it posturing.  Not an idea situation but it is what it is.  The FDA approval of a device simply means they determine it is safe to use as stated.  The FDA approves devices but never a procedure such as liposuction and ultrasonic liposuction.   This would be like the FDA approving facelift surgery.  They never approve procedures.  The Vaser System is hands down the best high technology system for liposuction (ultrasonic liposuction).  The Vaser System is far superior to other ultrasonic systems and is light years ahead of Smart Lipo in efficiency and results.   Seek out a local Vaser surgeon and please assure he is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.  This assures you surgeon  has 7 to 10 years of approved training and is not a doctor that claims to be a liposuction surgeon but has little if any surgical training.  Liposuction is a serious procedure.  Patients can be injured or can die because of poorly done liposuction.  Be a very careful consumer.  Get 5 consultations and do not be buffaloed.  Make the doctor prove all claims.  Make sure he has ABPS and FACS by his name  and on his wall.    Thanks,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon