Vaseline on my Eyelashes?

I am 15 years of age and at the moment I am applying Vaseline White petrolatum jelly on to my eyelashes. The reason being is because, I heard it makes your eyelashes strong, long and thick. There fore in this case I want to ask you if it is true or not. Thank you :)

Vaseline on eyelashes

+2

All Vaseline will do is moisturize your eyelashes. That will help them be less brittle, but only if eyelash dryness is actually a problem for you. Vaseline has no ability to grow your lashes, only make them more moisturized.

Hello

+2

I have never heard of that helping. You should contact a doctor and get a RX for Latisse. I would be careful with what you put on your eyelashes.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Vaseline and the Logistics of Latisse

+1

Well, from the other responses, you’ve learned that Vaseline will only moisturize your lashes. However, you may be interested in how it is possible for lashes to grow longer from a chemical you apply on your lash line.

There is a drug called Latisse. The reason this can grow your lashes (and not Vaseline) is because it will change the growth cycle of your lashes, allowing them to grow for a longer period of time.

If you ever have other questions about whether something works or not, try to understand the why’s and the how’s.

• I created this homepage article and now it seems to be missing from the site

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaseline on eyelashes

+1

To answer your question, vaseline may moisturize your lashes and make them appear thicker because of it's texture but there have not been any studies showing that it would make lashes grow longer. I would recomend using caution as it may leak into the eyes or obstruct pores on the eye lids.

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Vaseline and Eyelash Growth?

+1

Vaseline may provide for a moister environment, which may or may not be good, but it does not provide for eyelash growth.

Eyelash growth

+1
Latisse is the only product FDA approved to grow eyelashes. The product has ben available for several years and my patients have ben very pleased with the results

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Vaseline on Eyelashes?

+1

I have not heard that Vaseline helps eyelashes grow or become stronger.  Latisse is the only FDA approved product that has been proven to grow lashes longer. I would suggest being cautious of the products you place on your eyelashes / eyes.

Vaseline for eyelash growth

+1

Vaseline has no effect on eyelash growth. Latisse is a prescription-only medication and is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. Within two to four months, Latisse should make your eyelashes grow longer, thicker and darker.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon