Is It Varicose Veins?

At my job I walk a lot and lift 1-15 lb objects a lot. I also exercise about 4 times a week, running on the treadmill and doing exercises such as squats and leg lifts. On my right calf there is a slightly raised vein about the size of a mosquito bite. Above it is a longer, slightly raised vein. They are very light in color and not painful. They only are raised when I stand. My left calf is free of any raised veins though. I also have random sharp pains in my calves throughout the day.

Is It Varicose Veins?

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend visiting your dermatologist or vascular surgeon with experience in leg veins and have the vein evaluated.  You may have a little vein inflammation, and support hose will assist in helping to diminish the vein pressure.  Eventually, you may need to visit a vascular surgeon to evaluate your entire leg and see if this is a symptom of larger vascular problem in your leg.   I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sounds like Varicosities

+1

Your description sounds like a varicose vein, however, it is impossible to tell you without an exam.

Darshan Shah, MD
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Is it a varicose vein?

+1

Tough to tell without a picture and an examination, i would encourage you to see someone in your local area that treats veins, good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon