I have varicose and spider veins that I would like removed. What is the cost?

I have not worn shorts in many many years because its embarressing. I need to know the cost because I have no insurance
Here is a link to the costs of Vein Treatment in your area. 

Varicose Vein Treatments - Medical and Cosmetic

+1
Venous insufficiency treatments are costly because the best lasers are expensive to use - generators, disposable laser devices, etc - VNUS Closure is as expensive and causes more bruising and painn/discomfort. Spider vein treatments are expensive as they require multiple sessions - cosmetic laser, traditional or foam sclerotherapy .. .. .. Get a good 'dollar number' on paper prior to signing up for procedures. I tell patients what it actually costs to have every procedure - no 'estimates' just exact amounts. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Cost of treating spider and varicose veins

+1
There are several things to consider when answering this question.  In general the cause of varicose veins can be traced back to a "leaky" vein such as the greater saphenous vein.  The main treatment options for this problem include laser or radiofrequency ablation of the veins which may cost anywhere in the range of $2,000 to $4,000. Once that is done, many people require additional procedures for their varicose veins such as phlebectomy which may cost around $800 to $2,000.  Both of these procedures are typically covered by insurance but the amount you will have to pay depends on your deductible and co-insurance.  

When it comes to spider vein treatment it is very likely to require more than one session of sclerotherapy.  This procedure typically costs between $200 and $350 per session and insurance does not usually cover this. 

Hope this was helpful.

Tif Siragusa, MD
Nashville General Surgeon

Spider veins and Varicose veins. Cost?

+1

Without photos, it will be difficult to give you any estimate.  This is going to depend on the amount of abnormal veins you have and whether you need injections, laser, or surgery.

To see what might be right for you, see two or more board certified and experienced vein surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Cos

+1
Actually your question is very common in light of all the new healthcare changes.  It is difficult to give an exact price of treatment without seeing your veins.  If you have varicose veins then you would require a venous ultrasound to look at the venous valves.  This would determine which veins are not working properly and how to treat them.  It would also determine how many veins would need treatment. Another factor would be either one leg or both and then how many spider veins and how many spider vein treatments required. 

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon