Can I Use Vaniqa While Having Laser Hair Removal?

I've read that laser hair removal is more effective when combined with Vaniqa yet a plastic surgeon told me today I should stop using the Vaniqa before I start laser hair removal because Vaniqa slows the hair growth cycle. Thoughts?

Yes, you can combine

+1

Yes, you can combine Vaniqa and laser hair removal sessions and continue taking Vaniqa.  However, if the laser hair removal works you should be able to stop soon!

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaniqa combined with laser hair removal

+1

Vaniqa can indeed be used along with laser hair removal and in fact this combination has been shown to be both safe and effective. Not sure why your plastic surgeon would say this.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaniqa With Laser Hair Removal

+1

Vaniqa works by slowing down the rate of hair growth so it can work along with your laser hair removal treatments to enhance your results. We frequently have patients using both at the same time. The only disadvantage is the added cost of cream.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Vaniqa

+1

Vaniqa was originally developed specifically to augment the responses of hair removal. So I would suggest that you discuss this with your physician as we often suggest the concomittant use of vaniqa and various hair removal modalities.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, you certainly can use Vaniqa

+1

The use of Vaniqa in addition to laser hair removal has been shown to speed up the rate of hair reduction while undergoing laser treatment.  To a lesser extent, it also may increase the degree of hair reducion (after a series of treatments) compared to laser hair removal alone.

Connor Patterson, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologist