Retin a and Closed Comedones?

I basically have hundreds, no maybe thousands of little white closed comedones underneath my skin. I've tried everything from Accutane (when I was 16, I'm 27 now), to antibiotics, to topicals. Nothing seems to get rid of them. My question is what can I do besides Retin A micro .01% to get rid of them? I've been on the Micro for 4 weeks now with some improvement, but I feel like my skin will always be ruddy and textured.

Time Period for Retin A to be Efficacious for Comedones

Topical retinoids are very effective at treating both closed and open comedones.  However, there can be up to a 6 month time lag before patients notice results.

Houston Dermatologist

9305 Pinecroft Dr. Suite 305
The Woodlands, TX 77380