10 days post op, I'm slightly swollen and sore spot under eyebrow after juvederm voluma injection to cheeks. Is this normal?

I had juvederm voluma injected to my cheeks 10 days ago. I had very little swelling (just the injection sites) and no bruising. The area was a bit sore for a couple of days and now there is one sore spot left: my left eye between the eyeball and the eyebrow. It is only sore if you touch it in a certain direction and it looks a tiny bit swollen. Is it possible some fluid went up there? I'm scheduled for a long international flight on Friday. Could that do more harm? Thanks

Swelling in a different area than where filler injected

This problem is not due to the Voluma. You can see a dermatologist or opthamologist to have it evaluated.

Swelling is a common side effect of facial injections and can last approx. 2 weeks.

Swelling is a common side effect of facial injections and can last approx. 2 weeks. Swelling from injections should be localized to the injection site. Consider contacting your injector for a follow up to be assessed.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swollen and sore spot after Juvederm Voluma

Swelling is normal after fillers, but should be localized to the area injected. Sometimes as swelling resolves it will travel downward (due to gravity) but your eyelid/eyebrow should absolutely not be affected by injections that were done in your cheek area. I recommend a visit back to your injector and/or an ocular specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Sore

I don't quite understand. If your injections were all done at the cheek level, it seems odd that you would have swelling below the brow.  I think you need to see your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD