10 days post op, I'm slightly swollen and sore spot under eyebrow after juvederm voluma injection to cheeks. Is this normal?

I had juvederm voluma injected to my cheeks 10 days ago. I had very little swelling (just the injection sites) and no bruising. The area was a bit sore for a couple of days and now there is one sore spot left: my left eye between the eyeball and the eyebrow. It is only sore if you touch it in a certain direction and it looks a tiny bit swollen. Is it possible some fluid went up there? I'm scheduled for a long international flight on Friday. Could that do more harm? Thanks

Swelling in a different area than where filler injected

+2
This problem is not due to the Voluma. You can see a dermatologist or opthamologist to have it evaluated.

Swollen and sore spot after Juvederm Voluma

+1
Swelling is normal after fillers, but should be localized to the area injected. Sometimes as swelling resolves it will travel downward (due to gravity) but your eyelid/eyebrow should absolutely not be affected by injections that were done in your cheek area. I recommend a visit back to your injector and/or an ocular specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Sore

+1
I don't quite understand. If your injections were all done at the cheek level, it seems odd that you would have swelling below the brow.  I think you need to see your doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD