I have a painful swollen lip, 5 days after lip injections. What can I do to make it better? (Photo)

On Monday 21st I had my lips injected with restylane ... My bottom lip is all healed up , however my top lip has been extremely painful, overly bruised, and is just now starting to not feel numb .... It looks scary and it pealed , I don't know what to do or how to make it better! I called my doctor and they couldn't get me in till next Friday and said I was just having a "delayed recovery" can anyone shed some light . I will attach photos .

Painful swollen lip

+4
Please let your doctor know that you are developing yellow crusting and I am sure you will be seen today.

Severe issues 5 days after Restylane

+2
An office that refuses to see you when there is an issue like this is one that you should not return to, in my opinion. If a patient calls complaining of open sores, oozing, yellow pus, etc. that person needs to be seen - NOW. I cannot tell if you have an infection or a herpes outbreak, but you need to call the office and demand to speak to your injector, or simply drive to the office and show them why you need to be seen. This is not normal. This is not ok. And this needs immediate attention.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Judging by your photos you require immediate assistance to direct care.

+1
Judging by your photos you require immediate assistance to direct care. You will need to outline your experience to your injector in detail. If your Dr is unable to treat you, find a board certified plastic surgeon who will and obtain attention. 

Best of Luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pain, crusting and swelling are NOT normal 5 days after lip augmentation

+1
Gabriella,

Thank you for sharing the photos.  I do not consider this to be normal healing after a lip augmentation treatment. You need to be examined immediately, primarily to assess whether the circulation in your lips has been diminished by the filler treatment.  If your physician is not able to see you this week, I suggest you come up to see me. I'd be happy to stay late to accommodate your visit.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

I have a painful swollen lip, 5 days after lip injections. What can I do to make it better?

+1
Please go see your doctor asap, do NOT wait until next week, it looks like you have an infection and can possibly get worse 

+1
This definitely doesn't look right for 5 days post-injection. Please schedule an appointment with your injector today to have this checked out. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Painful open sores in lips after injection - need to be seen.

+1
You have a problem.  It appears you have an infection. I can't tell if it is bacterial or herpetic. Leaning towards bacterial, maybe staph.  I don't think it is vascular compromised but that is a remote possibility. If your doctor can't see you then go to the ER. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD