Hi, I Am 43, I Would Like to Know What I Can Do to Improve the Appearance of my Neck and Profile?

Specifically, I would like to have a better angle and get rid of that horrible turkey neck! I would be happy with even moderate improvement. I was thinking about some type of lipo, However, I am wondering if my skin in my neck isn't starting to droop or get "neck bands." If so, what type of procedure would I be looking at, and at what average cost? I would like to here as many ideas as possible in terms of getting a compromise between cost and results. Thank you!

+1

There are basically two schools of thought about your problem. One talks about a submental approach and platysmaplasty, the other talks about a modified face/neck lift through a pre-auricular approach. I am of the latter group. You certainly will not benefit from "lipo" because your problem is not adiposity, for which suction assisted lipectomy would be the solution.

Necklift, Facelift, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello;

It seems like you have moderate amount of skin laxity and minimal submental lipodystrophy ( or fatty deposit). Part of the reason why you are showing earlier signs of aging could be contributed to the fact that you have a relatively retruded chin and lower jaw and hence very little support for the soft tissue of your neck.

Your options are as follows:

1) Non Surgical such as Thermage (radio frequency) or any other type of tightening device such as Skintyte (infrared). Don't expect to get an improvement of more than 20-30% and you may have to repeat it on an annual basis. Will cost a lot more over time. There is subtle skin tightening but no muscle tightening.

2) Surgical Necklift, ideally with a small Medpor chin implant. This would give you a very definitive long lasting result (10 - 15 years) . It would give you a nice jaw and neck angle since the platysma muscle would be tightened. The chin implant would give added support and lead to the longevity of the results. The scars should be inconspicuous . This procedure could cost between $8000 and $15,000 depending on whether a chin implant is used and whether it's done under GA or IV sedation.

Best wishes

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

+1

A lower face and neck lift would cost about $8000 on the low end and would improve your neck the most. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lower facelift for improvement of neck profile

+1

A lower facelift addresses removal of fat in the neck, tightening the neck muscles, and tightening excess neck and facial skin. This procedure will remove the turkey neck and give a better jaw line definition Average cost of the lower facelift between $10-$12,000, which includes the surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee and operating room fee. For examples, please see the link below.

Lipo vs Necklift based on cost

+1

If you have more fullness than excess skin. Lipo is right for you. This will cost less. A necklift is best for excess drooping skin and some fat is removed in the process. Recovery and cost are greater for a necklift. Check pricing at buildmybod.com

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

Neckline

+1

Given the apparent banding in the neck and the skin laxity, you are an excellent candidate for a neck lift and platysmaplasty to give you the look and result you desre

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift and Ultherapy

+1

If you want a non -surgical approach then Ultherapy may be an option.  This is FDA approved for non- surgical brow, face and neck lift but it would not give you the maximal improvement that a surgical face or neck lift would.  However some people do not want to do surgery and would still like a very nice improvement.  I think this is where Ultherapy becomes a great option with very little downtime. 

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

You Can Do A lot To Improve Your Profile but It Will Likely take A Lot

+1

It would be great if liposuction could give you the result you desire, but given the apparent skin laxity and the muscle banding seen in the photos, it is unlikely that liposuction alone will accomplish this. My best guess (hard to say for sure without actually touching the neck and having you make certain facial expressions) is that you will need a neck lift in order to tighten the muscle and skin and to remove the extra fat. An in person consultation with computer imaging would be the best next step. Choose several well respected board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeons in your community who have experience with neck lifts in younger patients and make yourself some appointments. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift to improve sagging neck and cheeks.

+1

Facelift to improve sagging neck and cheeks is what you need to remove the excess skin. Surgery that costs less does less--you get what u pay for. 

Ultherapy Instead of Surgery

+1

At 43, you may not be ready for surgery yet. To delay a riskier and costlier procedure, you’d be wise to check out Ultherapy. It’s an FDA-cleared, one-time procedure that’s completely non-invasive and widely considered the non-surgical option of choice. The protocol involves a single 90-minute session, during which time ultrasound energy is directed into tissue well below the skin’s surface. The heat generated stimulates retraction and collagen production, and for the next three months, the skin will noticeably lift, tone and tighten around the structure of the face and neck. The result is a natural looking facelift without the cost or recovery time of surgery.

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon