How to Eliminate Scars?

I will be having a brachymetatarsia in my foot. I would like to know if there is something that can be done to diminish o eliminate the scars? Thanks a lot. chamomille

How to Eliminate Scars...

+1

Almost every surgery can leave a scar, so the first thing to understand is that you can not eliminate a scar.  The goal is always to make it as minimal as possible.  However, the lower extremities and feet are not the best healing areas of the body.  It is important to follow the instructions of your surgeon, which may include elevating the leg for a portion of each day.  Sometimes, when a scar is completely mature, after about one year, it is safe for a scar revision, if possible.  Sometimes, a revision will not improve the scar, so that is why you try to get it to heal as good as possible the first time around.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars

+1

Any form of scarring on the lower extremities can be hard to treat. Please post some photographs or see a plastic surgeon for a better evaluation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS