Laser Surgery for High Hyperopia (+7.0 & +7.5)?

I have a prescription of +7.0 & +7.5 respectively, which has remained relatively stable since I was about 3 years of age. I have been told by optometrists it is unlikely I am a candidate for surgery given my prescription and age (26). However, within the past year, several ophthalmologists have indicated I could be a candidate for laser surgery. Is this the case? Alternatively, could I consider having surgery to bring my prescription down +1 or +2 as an option?

Laser Surgery for High Rx

+1

To my knowledge there is no laser FDA approved for an Rx as high as yours. Some surgeons will do partial treatments or multi-step treatments but this is a complex case and probably best done in a university setting.

San Diego Ophthalmologist