Will weak connective tissue cause abdomen to dome outward even after Tummy Tuck? (photo)

My question is this: If the connective tissue between the rectus muscles is thin and weak will your stomach still pooch due to your intestines pushing out/intra-abdominal pressure even after the muscles are re-aligned down the middle as they should be? My abdomen is flat when I lay down and almost flat in the morning but it is 6 months pregnant at the end of the day, even if I don't eat anything. My diastasis is about 3-4 finger widths around the belly button and extends below it as well.

Tummy tuck repair

+1
Thank you so much for your question about a tummy tuck.

From your description and your photos, it looks as though your muscles and fascia are stretched and a tummy tuck will repair them. You have a wide diastasis - chances are you should have a nice tummy tuck result. 
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

Rectus diastasis

+1
Wow, it looks like you have been doing a bajillion crunches a day trying to tighten your abdomen.  You have marked development of your oblique muscles.  

Your example shows that exercise does not help much if the rectus muscles are separated.  Only abdominoplasty with plication of the rectus muscles can do that.  You may end up needed some sort of addition support with Strattice or Seri as mentioned by Dr. Lynam.  And I agree with him that some contour abnormality is possible because you have so little padding in the way of fat.

Make sure you surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Difficult to say without exam

+1
You appear to have  very little extra skin. You may benefit from rectus plication with some added support with a product like SERI or Strattice. Since you are so thin the possibility of some contour abnormality is higher with surgery. You are a challenging case and make sure to interview board certified plastic surgeons who have treated a case like yours. You will need to do no Ab work for 8 weeks after procedure. Good Luck

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon