What Type of Breast Implant Profile & Size is Best Suited for Me? (photo)

My PS has recommended Natrelle Inspira (low plus, round) N-SRLP 440g (Allergan silicone gel). My pre-op breast photos were done on Vectra machine. My concern is that my breasts will still an oblong shape pointing downwards. My PS suggested the low profile implant because it has a wider base that will give me the best fill of your breast & chest. Please provide any further recommendations and feedback! My surgery dates is 3 weeks away. Thank you in advance!

What Type of Breast Implant Profile & Size is Best Suited for Me?

+1

I'm sorry but these type of photos are of no real help to us. We would need standard front and side view, unaltered along with height and weight and breast measurements. I think you should get 1-2 more consults to make sure you are working with a surgeon you connect well with and are getting the results you want.

+1

Thank you for your question. Vectra photos are not a guarantee of outcome. I recommend that you visit with your plastic surgeon to review your breast dimensions and tissue measurements again. When choosing implants it is important to discuss all of your options with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations for Implant Size

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

Photos are very helpful, but sometimes no substitute for an examination. 

It looks to me that you should perhaps consider a breast lift at the time you get your implants. On the one hand the "need" for a lift seems borderline on the photos, the fact that you seem to already consider the nipples and areolas low, suggests to me that you will not be pleased with the outcome--on a larger breast the nipples may be even more downwardly directed. 

As to size, without knowing your height, weight, breast width, cup size, and your size goal I would not be able to make a guess.  I would not be in favor of putting in an implant larger than you desire hoping for a lift or shape change that probably won't happen, leaving you too large, and not fully corrected.

Thanks for your question and photos. All the best.