Can a rhinoplasty also fix protruding lips?

I would like your kind opinion and recommendation. I am an asian woman that have protruding lips. Not only that, my lips are very full also, which makes them protrude out more. I really hate my profile view because my lips and my nose are the same height. I am getting my rhinoplasty done to fix my bridge, projection, and tip, will it also fix my protruding lips? If not, what can be done to fix this? ( I've had braces and my teeth are aligned.) Thank you.

Can rhinoplasty also fix protruding lips?

+1
A rhinoplasty will not change the appearance of protruding lips. This issue is repaired with a procedure called cheiloplasty. If anything, making the nose smaller may make the lips appear larger. From here, I would recommend the following:

1) Sharing photos
2) Obtaining an opinion from a board certified facial plastic surgeon who performs both procedures.

I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
   The rhinoplasty may improve the overall facial balance.

Los Angeles, CA................

Rhinoplasty won´t fix protruding lips

+1
Rhinoplasty won´t fix protruding lips.  They are two entirely different procedures.  There is a procedure called Cheiloplasty that will reduce the size of the lips.  Dissolvable stitches are placed on the inside of the mouth and there will be lip swelling that can last anywhere from a week to ten days.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty does not fix protruding lips

+1
Lip surgery and  nasal surgery are not related. A rhinoplasty will not fix protruding lips. For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link below

A rhinoplasty will not correct protruding lips.

+1
There are many ways to alter facial appearance. A rhinoplasty would have no effect on the lips. It would be useful to have a picture posted so as to obtain a more specific opinion.

Effect of Rhinoplasty on Protruding Lips

+1
Dear Sweet1984~

Thank you for sharing your question. A rhinoplasty will not change the actual position of your lips. However, increasing your nasal tip projection will change the relative positions of your nose and lips. This should soften the appearance of your lip protrusion on profile view. Also, sometimes Asians have a deficient premaxilla (the bone above your upper front teeth), and placing a graft in this area can change the slope of the lip on profile view and make it appear less protruding.  It's difficult to give a more specific answer without photographs or an exam.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

Sincerely,
Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD