Would this be considered to be a weak jawline and would I be a good candidate for chin augmentation? (photo)

Chin Augmentation to 'Strengthen' the Chin

+1
At my plastic surgery practice in San Francisco, I often have patients ask what determines a "strong" jawline. In general, a strong chin is defined by its contour with the neck line and whether it provides proportionality and balance to the face.

To strengthen the appearance of the chin, I often recommend a chin augmentation, a one-hour, outpatient surgical procedure that brings better harmony to the rest of the face. During the surgery, I make a small incision that requires only a few stitches and position the implant. This firm but pliable silicone implant helps define the jawline while also blending into the natural profile.

I invite you to click the link below to view a video from my YouTube channel to learn more about this procedure and see real patient before-and-after photos.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial balance

+1
You have a high angle facial growth pattern such that the lower jaw tends to grow 'downwards' and shorter in the profile view. Typically the jaw is also narrow viewing from the front. Implants are not ideal for you since they don't change the excessive height of that area so consider the sliding genioplasty and consult a Maxillofacial specialist for a complete assessment.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant candidate for weak chin profile

+1
 The photograph demonstrates a recessive or weak chin profile. You are a good candidate for a chin implant. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation/ examination. Chin implants  are inserted through a submental approach and can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples and more information, please see the link below

Possible candidate for chin augmentation

+1
From your photo, you do appear to be a good candidate for a chin augmentation procedure.  You would need to be examined to determine what procedure might be the best option for you.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon