Which Grafting Technique is the Best for my Case? I Have Pinched Nose and Breathing Problems.

I'm going to have my third rhino procedure in 9 years and I want this to be the last. I have a pinched nose due to the fact that a lot of the alar cartilage was removed during the 1st intervention, and so the nose colapsed. Some physicians advise me to use both alar strut grafts and alar batten grafts with the cartilage of the septum. Others say that is better to use conchal cartilage graft and spreader grafts to strengthen this region. Which are the best grafts to use and from which part? Thanks

+1

You may call these grafts whatever you want, but you will need a graft to keep the external valve open at the least.  This may be possible from remnant septal cartilage or from ear cartilage.  Spreader grafts may be necessary as well if there is compromise of the internal nasal valve as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Pinched nose

+1

A pinched nasal tip may require many different things. It is impossible to tell you what would be best for you without an exam.

Pinched Nose with Breathing Problems

+1

It is impossible to answer your questions without pictures. Having said that, it would be best to examine your nose before making recommendations.